The Operation Grateful Nation (OGN) Board of Directors strive to fulfill the vision John Wing had for this endeavor. In 2013 the Wing House property was generously donated to OGN by John and his wife Resa, for exclusive use by veterans – especially those recovering from the effects of their combat experiences. The purpose of the property has always been to provide a safe, peaceful waterfrontenvironment for Veterans to experience renewal and respite on the beautiful St. Lawrence River.
The following guidelines provide reservation priorities for guests requesting to stay at Operation Grateful Nation’s(OGN) Wing House. A maximum of 1 week may be requested per year. Please be advised the use of this property is principally for respite and renewal for Veterans and their families. It is not to be provided primarily as a location for parties or social gatherings, but rather for peaceful repose and restoration.
Organization(OGN) or Program Use – Since Operation Grateful Nation is a non-profit organization and is self-sustaining, there will be times when the home is not available for guests to reserve. These dates may be blocked out up to a year in advance on the calendar, and may include prescheduled Organization programs, such as retreats, seminars, advancement/fundraising or other communal veteran events.
Accommodation Priority List for Reserving the Wing House:
Priority One Candidates (Can book up to 6months in advance.): Up to
one week may be reserved.
1. Medal of Honor or Purple Heart recipients with their families.
2. Post 911 military combat veterans of any theatre.
3. Medical Reasons – Veteran admitted to local hospital/care facility and immediate family needs housing close to patient.
4. Veterans with service-related disability (with validated identification).
5. Pre-deployment family getaway – can book up to 12months in advance.
6. Post-deployment family getaway – can book up to 12 months in advance.
7. Military Unit special event/function, i.e., reunions, etc.
Priority Two Candidates (Leisure), (Can book 30 to 60 days prior to stay):
(Where dates conflict, preference will be given to Post-911 Veterans.)
1. Any military veteran with their family.
2. Immediate family member of someone Killed In Action(KIA) or Missing
3. Retired Military.
Priority One Veterans cannot bump priority two Veterans after their reservation has been confirmed.
1. Initially anyone requesting a reservation must fill out the reservation form on the Operation Grateful Nation website, as well as agree to the liability waiver that’s provided (operationgratefulnation.com).
2. If you do not receive a response on your reservation within 3 business days, please contact the reservation office at email@example.com or 315-250-0312.
3. If the dates you requested are available, then a security deposit of $100 is requested, in order to hold your reservation dates. The security deposit will be returned to you immediately following your
stay providing there is no damage to the home or property related to your stay.
4. During “peak reservation season” (May through October), reservations are available for seven night blocks only, from Saturday to Friday. Guests are to reserve and pay for the full week, regardless of the
number of days used during that block of time. Other arrangements can be made during off-peak months, on a case-by-case basis.
5. Check In time: Not earlier than 3pm on Saturday, and Check Out time not later than 11am the following Friday. (Special circumstances will be considered if requested, and these times may be adjusted on a case-by-case basis).
6. Reservation Rates: 1 to 2 people: $10/night; 3-6people: $15/night; 7-10people $20/night. (Special circumstances will be considered to reduce or waive these fees.)
House & Ground Policies:
1. Electronic Entertainment Policy – Guests are not to unplug TV’s for gaming as a dedicated TV console for gaming is provided.
2. Pool / Dock / Recreational Equipment (see below)
Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the guests will be charged to the credit card used to hold the reservation.
Charges may need to be applied after guest’s departure, after notifying the guest, as deemed necessary by the Caretaker. Please report all spills and/or damages to the Caretaker promptly.
Alcohol & Drug Policy:
We encourage and expect responsible use of alcohol on the premises. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is there to be alcohol use by minors on the property. Any use of illegal drugs, or any substance abuse will not be tolerated on the property. (Any incidents of alcohol or drug abuse or underage drinking will be reported to the proper authorities immediately – there will be no exceptions.)
Smoking & Candle Burning:
For the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow smoking or incense/candle burning in the home. We ask that any smoking on the grounds be extinguished properly outside in the provided ash/butt containers.
Guests are allowed bring pets, with the following stipulations:
1) A “Pet Fee” of $50 will be assessed in addition to the ordinary guest reservation fee.
2) Pets are never to be left unattended.
3) Pets are permitted to stay in the home with guests. However, pets are NOT allowed on the furniture or the beds.
4) Pets are to be cleaned up after in the home.
The pool is made available as a fun and wholesome form of recreation for
guests and their families. Please respect the following rules:
1) Children are not to utilize the pool without adult supervision. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2) Pool gates are to be shut while pool is not in use.
3) Life preservers are available, if needed.
Recreational equipment is available for use by guests, such as bicycles, kayaks, row boat, golf clubs, etc. Please use respectfully and safely and put away after use.
Out of respect for our neighbors in the vicinity of the Wing House, the use of fireworks is prohibited on the property.
By the direction of the OGN Board of Directors and in consideration of continuing John Wing’s vision, the Wing House Reservation Protocol states that ALL reservation requests will be regarded and reviewed on an individual first-come, first serve basis. The policy on Accommodating Priority List for Reserving the Wing House will apply. This includes guests that have been considered “grandfathered” in with reservations in the past.